Monday, June 13, 2005

Day One - Initial Entry

Well, I am seeing everyone else with their own blog so I thought I'd give this a try to see what might come of it. This is my very first post and as time progresses, I'll either refine my comments to specifics topics, openings I am working with, or maybe just general thoughts on the State of Affairs for the current Oracle Apps Employment World.

For today, I'll be brief as I have other items to still add to this blog to make it more complete.

My frustration today is that what a few months ago seemed to be a plentiful supply of experienced Oracle Financials Functional Implementation candidates on the market looking for full-time salaried work has now virtually disappeared and has been replaced by candidates who may not be the best qualified or candidates that are only interested in working in a contract role. Of course, there are always plenty of 3rd party corp-to-corp candidates who's resumes change for every time they get submitted by the firm holding their H-1 to a new possible position. I think in one case I received 3 different resumes on the same candidate by different firms for 3 different positions that really had no similarity between them other than the candidate's name and where the candidate went to school. Everthing in between was taylored for the ad as I had it posted on the web.

Fortunately, where I am at now, we do not use any corp-to-corp contract staff. So the 30-50 blind resumes I get daily from these 3rd party firms just automatically go to my trash file without me even having to see them.

It is hard for me to imagine that there are so many current Oracle Financials implementations taking place that I can't find even a few good experienced Functional candidates who have implemented the core FinApps Modules (GL/AP/AR/FA/CM). I am finding a good number of Ind. Consultants who are in between projects but again, either fortunately or unfortunately, where I am at now we do not use contract staff of any kind unless our back is up against the wall or we do it at the request of a client to bring back someone they know from other projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home